Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nothing's Gonna Change My World

Having recently rewatched that fantabulous musical film Across The Universe, I am tempted to muse on a dream I had some three or four years ago. A dream that began in chaos and confusion but ended in a strange, peaceful feeling. And I say strange because I have never felt like that in real life. Yet.

The song began playing about three quarters into that muddled pillow-cradled thought-phantasm. I'm not sure why. I had no particular fixation on it at the time; hadn't even listened to it once that day. But it blew like gentle breeze into my miserably confused psychological opera. There is a wonderful subtle glow of acceptance in those words: "Nothing's gonna change my world." Repeat it, say it again and again, when your hopes and your very self is on the verge of being blown to smithereens like an absinthe glass at the end of a deadshot Colt.

It works.

In the dream I was struck with a semi-realization that I can't, in the conscious realm, put a name on. But I think that all it was saying, was this.

Embrace change, but also embrace what you can't change.

For all things are temporary. (Some Buddhist philosophy for you; if John were alive right now he'd tell it to ya.)

Nothing lasts forever. And everything - joy, pain, sorrow - will pass.

Jai guru deva ohm.

~ ~ ~

Few things are built for eternity. Even Paradise can fall. And it will fall again, and rise again. Such is the way of the great circle.
Serpent 17:19


-

No comments:

Post a Comment