Friday, February 18, 2011

too many times to make it home

Today
I told someone my skin is not half as serious as, say, liver cancer; yet liver cancer doesn't make people look at you like you are a cancer.


FREAK
You know, amputees get treated better. and they never did get asked by their schoolmates if they have a disease.


what did you call me
that's what i've been to some people. a disease.
you say i should be over that but i ain't. deal with it.

see if it breaks me
i've been dealing.

so don't look me in the eye and tell me it can't be that bad. not unless, perhaps, you care to put me back together.

i'm not easy to deal with but you were warned. i told you i'm not an easy friend to have because i'm messed up inside. been messed up for too long.


do i disgust you?


Now that you've been broken down
Got your head out of the clouds
You're back down on the ground and you don't talk so loud
And you don't walk so proud
Anymore

Well, I jumped into the river
Too many times to make it home
I'm out here on my own, and drifting all alone
If it doesn't show give it time to read between the lines

~

lyrics from this song


-

No comments:

Post a Comment