Wednesday, April 27, 2011

For want of grace


Read the above. I've just discovered the title to my life as a movie.

I was inspired by the humorous pictures and captions in an article titled "19 Awkward Signs for Common Moments." Especially when I realised that yes, I relate too much to these. As in most of these.

You can take a moment to scroll through this awesome Cracked piece I'm talking about so we can lol together (I'm a bit --OK, a lot-- of a Cracked addict) ....

http://www.cracked.com/article_19188_19-warnings-signs-common-awkward-moments.html




Done?

My awkwardness used to make me cringe. It used to make me want to bury myself alive. I mean it. Hand me a shovel and some ground that wasn't cement, and see what I try to do.

But naturally, wisdom (that comes with the old age of 24) tells me I should cringe less and laugh at myself more. Hellyes. I love my inner sage.

I was a clumsy child, now I'm an awkward adult. If the world can learn to live with me, we will all be happier. If it can't, I will be a bit lonelier. But hopefully lonely with a sense of style.


Speaking of style, there was a complaint recently that I should dress a little more professionally.

...

....

.....Ya think?





~ ~ ~

Don't just say grace at mealtime; pray for it. That you may move smoothly to dessert without ruining your favourite shirt.
~Serpent 2:26



_

No comments:

Post a Comment