Thursday, September 2, 2010

Heart On Sleeve?

...I Don't Think So.
I may cry freely at the ending in
Armageddon, but that doesn't mean I enjoy doing it. Especially when you factor in the runny nose and ruined eyeliner.

The other day my colleague and dear friend Jit told me: "You MUST watch Aftershock. I guarantee it'll make you cry."

Right. That's like convincing someone to get a piercing and guaranteeing it'll hurt. Sorry, what's the good part again?

Jit is the darlingest person you will ever meet, but he can be strange that way. Or maybe he just needed a good cry that day. (Jit, you know my shoulder is there for you, right?)

He guessed right that I don't enjoy being vulnerable in front of other people. With the exception of my mom and dad, perhaps. I have dreams about being suddenly naked all the time with nobody noticing. Supposedly it's a sign of inner vulnerability.

It's why I don't listen to Seal or Taylor Swift in public (and in my defence, i have exactly ONE Seal and ONE Tay Swift song on my playlist, shaddup). It's also why I'd rather watch Alice blowing up zombies in the upcoming Resident Evil: Afterlife. In 3D, hellyeah.

Aftershock, and the tears it supposedly brings, can wait till I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment