Tuesday, June 12, 2012

30 Days Of Writing: Day 5

From a random challenge.


Word:
'Fall'





Let my story end with yours.
Let our bones melt into the rocks,
reduced to mortal earth and
skin and dust.
I will catch each painful drop
of your punishment;
I will bear the weight
of the world with you.
I will hold you until we
shatter beneath the weight
of fallen gods.

Close your eyes now, and hear
the hungry frost-hounds call.
They bay for the blood of the Aesir.
Close your eyes against
the faded cries of the
nerves that bind you;
What has been done cannot
be undone, but it can
be paid for
in blood.

Your children are calling.
The ocean boils with the
serpent's war-cry;
the black air howls with the
baying of your wolf-son.
The beautiful wrath of hell
is our clarion call.
No soldiers from the nine realms
will override your vengeance.
Lead your army of fire and ice
Ride tall as you exact your price
And I will ride beside you.

I will stand with you at the end of days
I will rise with you when your captors fall
I will die with you, and the great Valhall.



~

No comments:

Post a Comment